Cant see my family account

Bidisha
Bidisha
Community Member

Hi, Unfortunately I forgot the master password to family account. It is however linked to my business account but I cant see it in "My profile" tab in the business account. How do I recover my password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Bidisha!

The Families account and the Business account are separate, so you won't be able to see both of them under the same "My profile" tab, this is normal :+1:

For your privacy and security, your Master Password is not stored anywhere, only you know it. This means that it is not possible to recover it unless you are a member of a Families where another admin is present. If no other admin is present who can recover the account for you, I recommend reading this article to try and recover your Master Password:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can’t unlock 1Password

If, on the other hand, you do have another user in your account who can help you with the recovery process, you can ask another Admin to recover your account for you:

Recover accounts for family or team members

If you still cannot recover your Master Password, we can certainly delete your account so you can create a new one with a new Master Password you know.

• Bidisha
    Bidisha
    Community Member

Hi, thanks, will it be possible to delete the family account? I can create a new one.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@Bidisha:

Certainly, we will be happy to help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

This discussion has been closed.