Categories in the left sidebar?

As a 1Password user, I would regularly refer to certain types of data by the categories list, including bank account data and credit cards especially. Is it possible to restore those? Or auto-tag those categories to the tags cluster?

1Password Version: 8.2.0-44.BETA
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 11.5.2

Comments

• ag_andrewag_andrew

Team Member

Hey @tbridge, thanks for trying out 1Password 8!

The category list is still there, it's just been moved to right above the item list. Clicking on a category in that list will filter your item list down to just those kinds of items.

If you are more of a keyboard user, Quick Find can jump you to that category too. Just type in the name of the category and hit Enter.

Hope that helps! Keep the feedback coming!

• I miss having the categories in the left sidebar, too. Especially in the browser, 8's attempts to help are frequently unhelpful. I find myself having to stumble through menus to get to what I want.
    It feels like this was an attempt to dumb-down/simplify the interface, but at least for power/early access/beta users, I don't think it's an improvement.

• rwakefordrwakeford Member

I have tried to get used to the new method but it requires far too many clicks, particularly when "All Categories" is the one always chosen. I have never used that at all but prefer "Logins" so, maybe, the powers that be can give us a choice so that our preferred category is always shown rather than "All Categories"?

• AdieBAdieB
    edited October 13

This has been raised a few times and to be honest seems to be falling on deaf ears.
    Can't even bulk tag things to make your own side bar categories, from what I can tell.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@huffalumpy, @rwakeford:

I have let our developers know that you would both like the categories in the sidebar better :+1:

ref: dev/core/core#9299

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file