Feature Request please read Thank You

kram5819
kram5819
Community Member
edited August 2021 in Lounge

It would be nice to be able to unlock 1password WHEN ON MY LAPTOP/CHROMEBOOK via the option to unlock with a pin number. Currently, this is NOT an option. I have a very complex 35 character password that's impossible to remember.

I use Bitwarden password manager to get into 1password because I can log in on my Chromebook via Bitwarden with an 8 digit PIN number that I can remember then I go to where I have stored my 1password password copy it & then paste it to the 1password login page and log in that way.

I like having two password managers in case of a problem with one password manager.

1 password is my go-to password manager, BUT Bitwarden is a good "back-up" << both with totally different 35 character master passwords with symbols, numbers & capitols and 2 FA for added protection.

It's always good to not have all your eggs in one basket.

Please consider adding the ability to login on **a laptop / Chromebook **using a pin or password, (user's choice) to log into 1password.

It's not an issue on an Android device because you can log in with pin number or biometrics.

On a laptop or Chromebook you don't have any choice, you have to use your master password.

Please consider that as a feature request, it would be great to have

below are the current versions of my devices I use

1password version I am using is >> version 2.0.5
google Chromebook (laptop) is a ASUS Chromebook C423 14" Laptop
Samsung Galaxy Note 9 android device
Google Chrome Version 92.0.4515.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2021

@kram5819:

Thank you very much for taking time out of your day to to share this feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password even better.

I can see how this could be useful to you, so while I cannot make any promises, I can tell you that I have shared your feedback internally :)

Once again, thank you and have a wonderful day!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#25

This discussion has been closed.