1Password password suggested on website... let me choose the rules

Options

When I'm registering on a new site I would like to use 1Password to suggest me a password... but not with the rules it decide but the one I want ... is there a setting to set somewhere or is not there yet...?

1Password Version: 8.0
Extension Version: 2.1.0
OS Version: macOS 12.0

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mcnahum!

Yes: when you are in the password generator in the 1Password browser extension, you can enable the option Use as default for suggestions to do this.

• mcnahum
    mcnahum
    Community Member
    Options

I don't see that option ... is it in 1Password X beta too?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mcnahum:

Yes, it's also in the beta of the beta extension. Can you post a screenshot of what the password generator window looks like to you in the browser?

• mcnahum
    mcnahum
    Community Member
    Options

• @mcnahum

By default 1Password will suggest what we call a "Smart Password" based on the site specifications. If you'd like to adjust the default offering, you'll have to do so directly from the extension.

1. Click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    2. Click "+" and choose Password Generator.
    3. From here you can adjust the "Type" to suit your preferences.
    4. Once you've adjusted the preferred parameters of the password you wish to have offered, you will be able to select "Use as default for suggestions" as Ana suggested above.
  • mcnahum
    mcnahum
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! ... not obvious for me to have it on the "+" area .. I was looking in settings... Now I'm done

• @mcnahum

Glad to hear you were able to find it. :+1: Also, thanks for the feedback - I'll be sure to share it with the team.

This discussion has been closed.