Issue with Watchtower

Options
kram5819
kram5819
Community Member

I use 2 fa on everything I I possibly can. Recently I added an account with 1password with a user ID and complex password & on that account I enabled 2fa However, watchtower says this >>> Two-Factor Authentication Available
You can save your two-factor authentication codes for this account in 1Password. Learn how to enable two-factor authentication.

But 2 fa is enabled. Is there a way to correct this?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @kram5819!

Recently I added an account with 1password with a user ID and complex password & on that account I enabled 2fa However, watchtower says this >>> Two-Factor Authentication Available

Have you actually added the 2FA code inside the 1Password item itself, or are you using an external authenticator app?

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member
    Options

I'm using authy

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member
    Options

I use authy for 2fa and have been very happy with them never an issue :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kram5819:

In that case, you need to let 1Password know that you have configured 2FA with an external device, or it will keep showing you that warning. If you add the 2fa tag to these items, the warning will go away, and you can continue using Authy for your 2FA codes if you prefer:

Organize with favorites and tags

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member
    Options

That worked
    thank you

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @kram5819! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.