Prevent "extra data" from being saved when adding a new login

Options

I've noticed that sometimes when I add a new login for a site by using the suggested password popup, 1Password will pick up other details I've filled in on the current page, like DOB, email address, phone numbers, etc.

I'm guessing this is mainly supposed to automatically save security question fields, but it's honestly just a little annoying having to delete the other fields it's detected that I don't want stored. Is there any way to disable the extension from adding those automatically?

1Password Version: 7.7.810
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2021
    Options

Hey @BallistiX09 ,

When you save a new login it will always capture whichever input fields that exist on the page. Usually, if you save a new login on a signup page, there are a lot more input fields than there are on the login page, and it will save all the fields from the signup form. Up until now these extra fields were saved in the hidden "Saved Form Details" section of a login item, but now we've made them much more visible as custom fields under the username and password.

There's no way to disable this as this is often handy, for situations like you mentioned (security questions) but also in places where the login page requires more than just a username and password. Some login pages also requires date of birth or a pin code in addition to the username and password etc. That is not something you want to disable.

If you find your login items too "dirty" because of all the extra fields, simply go to the website's login page after you are done signing up, fill in your username and password and save it as a brand new login by right clicking the 1Password icon on the top right corner of your browser and select "Save Login".

The new login item will be much cleaner and you will be able to get rid of the one that was saved on the signup page, but at this point I think removing the extra fields in the save dialogue before confirming saving the new login would take just as along as going through the process I suggested above.

Thank you for your feedback and input here, if more users complain about this we will definitely take this into consideration :+1:

This discussion has been closed.