How can I stop you billing me two years after I canceled and closed my account?

It's disheartening to see that questions like this have cropped up in the past. It's been two years since I had an active account or used your service. I was in contact last year to disputed the bill and walked away without a refund because it didn't feel worth my time to argue with. But it's ending one way or another this year. Let's get this wrapped up this week? Failing that, we can hand it off to some lawyers.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

1. I need the charge reversed.
    2. I need an apology for the charge.
    3. I need a document from someone there acknowledging that I do not have an active account with you, and that you have no reason to bill me going forward without my initiating new services.
  • ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@jamesclark

For your privacy, safety, and security, we only answer account-specific questions/requests via our ticket system. Please reach out to us using [email protected]. Be sure to use the email address tied to the account in question.

• Great! How should I handle the last part of that? Having closed my account two years ago, I don't have an account at all. Because of that, I don't have an email address associated with an account.

Also, I did all of this last year, so why did you charge me this year?

Do you have an opinion on whether it's legal to charge someone for a service they have asked you not to provide them, you haven't provided them, and they have asked you not to bill them for?

1. I need the charge reversed. (this has not yet happened)
    2. I need an apology for the charge. (this has not yet happened)
    3. I need a document from someone there acknowledging that I do not have an active account with you, and that you have no reason to bill me going forward without my initiating new services. (this has not yet happened)
  • ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@jamesclark:

How should I handle the last part of that? Having closed my account two years ago, I don't have an account at all. Because of that, I don't have an email address associated with an account.

Please use the email address your account was under, or the email address where you received the subscription updates (if you did receive any message).

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• Great! That is what I did last year, and also a few days ago. So you will reverse the charges now?

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member
    edited August 30

@jamesclark:

We will certainly look into this for you. I have found your email from yesterday, and I see that my colleague Ronan is already helping you over there. The last email we sent you is from 15 hours ago, in case you haven't seen it yet, and it would be great if you could provide the billing information requested so we can locate the charge in our system and resolve this with you :+1:

Since we cannot check billing charges on a public forum, and so we don't duplicate the answers by replying to you in multiple places at this point, I am going to close this forum discussion and let you continue the conversation with Ronan via email.

ref: BRZ-72484-758

This discussion has been closed.