Ebay website

This discussion was created from comments split from: Click-through bug in 1Password Mac 7.8.7.

Comments

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

I get the same behavior. 1P refuses to pass the password. I wind up going to the overhead menu, select 1P icon to call up all my 1P items then select the item desired and enter the password. I have a desktop movie to show the 1P bug.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

I have a screen capture movie if 1P wants it. But I won't post in a community forum. Too many revelations.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@blackxacto:

What you are reporting sounds different from what natb is reporting, but we will be happy to receive your screen recording regardless. Please send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com so we can continue the conversation there.

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

I can't blur out the info on the screen recording. So, I open eBay in safari. 1P asks me to provide my master password. I type it in on the 1P menu and hit return. I am immediately sent back to the bay entry, but no password is suggested by 1P. So I click the 1P suggestion menu again, NOTHING happens. In order for 1P to work I must go to the menubar at top. Open 1P, all items, copy the eBay password. Then go back to the ebay safari entry, paste the ebay password. NOW I'M IN. The Safari/1P link is broken in 7.8.7, just as the Original guy says.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

Is it possible to revert to the previous version since this version in broken?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@blackxacto:

What version of the 1Password app and browser extension are you using?

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

MacOS 11.5.2, 1P 7.8.7, there is no extension for safari i thought. Is there? Ill find if so.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@blackxacto:

Thank you for the confirmation. The version of the Safari extension matches the version of the desktop app, so in this case it's 7.8.7 :+1:

What is the URL that you included in your Ebay item?

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

Ebay.com

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@blackxacto:

I have tested the Ebay website with a new item, and the 1Password inline menu in Safari is showing me the correct logins:

For confirmation, is this happening to you also on the email address page, or only on the password page?

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

When i first clicked the sign in to ebay, 1p asked me to sign my masterpasswod. I typed it in. I’m sent back to the ebay sign in. Only this time nothing happens. The sign in is blank. I even click it again, but nothing happens. I now must use menubar to open 1p. Find my ebay password. Then paste into the ebay entry. I did not get the 1p suggested ebay item, until i used menubar.

• Hello @blackxacto,

Thank you for the clarification. In one of your response above, you mentioned that " there is no extension for safari" and 1Password need the extension to work. To ensure that we have everything set up correctly, please open Safari > Select Safari in the menu bar > Preferences > Extensions and let me know if you can see 1Password there? If you do, please ensure you tick the box next to 1Password.

After that, if 1Password still doesn't fill in ebay.com, Please follow these steps to create a new login manually for your website and see how it works?

1. Open your website > Go to the sign-in page.

2. Enter all fields there.

3. Select the 1Password icon in Safari's toolbar > Select the gear icon at the top right corner > New Login > Select "Create New" tab > Save Login.

4. Refresh and try to fill using the new login item.

Best regards,

Nhat Nguyen.
    https://support.1password.com/

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

ag & Nhat: Forget eBay. I tried to enter 1P forum. I am sending a movie of what I am experiencing since installing 7.8.7 1P. You keep talking about a job ticket. What job ticket. There are no job numbers in the forum responses, where is this job ticket you refer to? Perhaps it is the URL for this discussion, I will try

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

Sent movie in email to support+forum@1password.community subject line: [1Password Support Community] ag & Nhat_Nguyen / 610705#Comment_610705

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

Did you receive the movie?

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

Did you get the movie file i sent?

• @blackxacto

I do not see any recent emails from the address you used in the forum. Did you send it from another? Do you have a support ID from the automated reply?

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

The response here is interesting. What number are you talking about. I'm on the forum. What number are you talking about. AG mentioned a number, but I don't receive numbers from your replies? Tell me where to look for these numbers and I will be glad to give them to you.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

I was told to send the movie to: support+forum@agilebits.com. Where else do I send a screen capture movie?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@blackxacto:

Tell me where to look for these numbers and I will be glad to give them to you.

When you send us an email, you get an automatic response via email with a ticket number. It looks like this: "[#ABCD123]". This is the number Tommy is referring to.

Alternatively, you can see the ticket number in the subject of the emails our support team sends you. They have nothing to do with the forum :+1:

I was told to send the movie to: support+forum@agilebits.com. Where else do I send a screen capture movie?

I confirm that we have not received the message. Out of curiosity, how heavy is the attachment? Is it possible that your email just didn't send because of this?

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

Movie is 41MB. Is that the issue. I will send again if you say so.

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

[#CSD-58959-462] VIDEO for AG

Just sent the video at reduced size at 6.7MB

11.5.2 macOS, 19,1 iMac, 1P 7.8.7

AG, please observe I only got 1P to give me my items by going to menubar and signing into 1P on my 11.5.2, 19.1 iMac. Also note that after signing into 1P copying the 1P forum password. Safari did not auto fill in the password, nor paste in the password.

So I wind up either rebooting or restarting Safari.

This has happened to me w 1P Forum & eBay sign-ins.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@blackxacto:

Yes, the file size would have been the problem :+1: I confirm that this time you managed to send the message correctly. We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: CSD-58959-462

• blackxacto
    blackxacto
    Community Member

Opened 1P completely. Clicked on Preferences. Nothing. Quit completely 1P. Restarted, 1P preferences came up. So I sent the diagnostic report just incase all this is related to the inability for Safari to fill in username and password. I did not have any issue TODAY filling in the forum password. Maybe it worked itself out. I'll report if it happens again. Thanks for your help.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know @blackxacto .

If you're still experiencing issues, please do continue the conversation via email so you can send us any other file/video we may need.
    I hope you'll have smooth sailing from here on out though!

This discussion has been closed.