Why is my browser autolocking so quickly

Options

I am running 1password - my browser is firefox 91.0.2 (Big Sur Macbook Pro) and I have the firefox 1password browser extension installed.

I have set the autolock timer to 300 minutes (I would like to turn it off altogether) but the little lock in the keyhole icon on the browser icon bar, keeps reappearing, and I need to enter my password again - I am lucky if it lasts 10 minutes before locking itself. (although I haven't timed the exact amount) - How do I fix this?

1Password Version: 7.8.7
Extension Version: 2.0.5
OS Version: 11.5.2

Comments

• Hello @MisterQ,

The 1Password in Firefox is a standalone 1Password and can work independently from the app. Would you please right-click the 1Password icon in Firefox's toolbar and let me know if you see the options to "Automatically lock 1Password" under "Security"? If you do, please change the settings there to however you want and let me know how it works.

• MisterQ
    MisterQ
    Community Member
    Options

Right click the firefox toolbar icon. I don't see automatically lock 1password or security under the main screen. It has Settings/Lock/Save Login/Help/Manage extensions etc. Going to Settings, the first Item is Security, but it just says "Manage security settings in the 1password app" .

I did notice that under browser tools - extensions - there are two entries - a 1password - password manager, and another that says "1password extension - desktop app required" - is that expected/relevant?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @MisterQ ,

You should remove the "1Password extension (desktop app required)" one from Firefox, it is recommended to only have one extension active at any given time.

If the Security settings in the extension's page says these settings are managed in the 1Password app, it means that the extension is integrated to your 1Password 7 desktop app and you can adjust the auto-lock settings there. Here's how:

1. Open your 1Password 7 desktop app and unlock it.
    2. Go to its preferences by clicking the "1Password" menu on the top left next to the Apple logo and selecting "Preferences".
    3. Open the "Security" tab and adjust the auto-lock settings as you see fit.

Let us know if that is what you're looking for.

This discussion has been closed.