Safari Extension Privacy Issues

AMonitorDarkly
AMonitorDarkly
Community Member

I was excited for the new Safari extension until I saw that it requires the user to accept a prompt that states that I’m allowing 1Password to view my browsing history. I’d like to know exactly how that information will be used and stored. That’s a pretty big privacy implication.

Comments

• Hello @AMonitorDarkly! 👋

1Password for Safari on iOS functions in the same way that 1Password in the browser on desktop browsers does in regards to browser permissions. The 1Password extension requires access to your browsing history in order to know which website you're visiting so that it knows which login item to suggest. Without this permission 1Password for Safari would be blind. You can read more about browser permissions here:

About 1Password browser permissions

We do not save or transmit your browsing history and gathering information about you is not our business model. Your browsing history is not collected by 1Password for Safari nor is it ever transmitted off of your device by 1Password. You can read more about our commitment to your privacy in our Privacy Policy: Keep your secrets & passwords safe and secure

Let me know if that answers your concerns. :)

This discussion has been closed.