'one-time password' field has warning saying "The one-time password URL is incorrect: check the....

ElijahLynn
ElijahLynn
Community Member
edited September 2021 in Linux

The one-time password field has warning saying, "The one-time password URL is incorrect: check the URL and try again.".

My use case is that I am using these for MFA recovery code fields. If the field is actually for a URL, the field name should reflect that I think. I would like guidance on how to store MFA recovery code fields attached to a password entity and not have to create a secure note entity.

Thanks!

1Password Version: 8.2.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Arch Linux

Comments

• ElijahLynn
    ElijahLynn
    Community Member

K, so it only shows this on the non-edit view, in the edit view it works great and even hides the password like I would expect a password field to behave.

non-edit view

• Hi @ElijahLynn, thanks for getting in touch with us about this. I was happy to look into it for you.

I believe what you're running into here is a conflict with the parameters of that "one-time password" field. Specifically, that field is formatted only for TOTP tokens - which means if you try to store anything there that doesn't match that format, it'll generate an error.

In any case: I can appreciate your use case here. If you'd like to store MFA recovery codes in a field and not have it display automatically (for example, to protect against shoulder surfing), you can create an additional password-type field for a given item and store your MFA recovery code there. It'll be accessible to you, but not visible to passerby. 👍

I hope this provides a suitable solution for you - let me know if it helps!

This discussion has been closed.