1P8 Desktop data updates not sync with Safari Extension

Options

Sigh, have been pushed to use 1P8 since 1P7 Beta was expired few days ago, I hate Electron app, but got no choices right now.

Few things, especially with the safari extension:

1. From Safari extension, select an item, and then go to edit, it will bring me to 1P8 desktop app(😭), and then I update the username, or something else, save it. Then switch back to Safari, the username of that item kept in old version, I tried, checked after half hour, it's still in old version. It looks like samething happend with Chrome Extension, new items added through extension won't show in desktop right in time. How are data get synced between extensions and desktop app?
  2. We used to use cmd+/ to open extension popup on a website, if there's more than one login, for now, is there a way to open extension popup on a website? I mean the extension popup just like click extension icon on toolbar.
  3. Can we have choice to disable the spell check undertline in fields? I can see the spell check was removed for password field in nightly build, but still, spell check meanings nothing for a password app, it's very annoying.

1Password Version: 8.2.2
Extension Version: 2.1.0
OS Version: macOS 12.0

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hi @Leon Guan

If you still have 1Password 8 installed I'd like to see if we can get to the bottom of the sync problem you had. To start the troubleshooting process I'd like to review a diagnostic report from 1Password 8. To create one please open and unlock the app, then select 1Password > Preferences > Advanced > Send Diagnostics. Email the resulting file to support+forum@1password.com and include a link to this thread with your email. When you email in you'll get an automated reply from BitBot with a support ID. Please post that ID here so we can 'connect the dots.'

There are a few ways to interact with the 1Password extension. You can use the keyboard shortcut, click on the 1Password icon in the browser's toolbar, use the inline menu, or right click on the page and select the 1Password option from the context menu.

There isn't currently a way to disable spell checking but I'll put in a feature request. :)

Ben

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#943

This discussion has been closed.