[FEATURE REQUEST] - When Clicking "new" login, make a login inside the currently selected Vault

Options

I would like to create a "new login" in a certain vault in a different organisation, while also logged in with my personal Family account.

1. install 1P in browser
  2. log in with personal family account
  3. log in with business/entreprise account (work)
  4. enable all vaults in all Accounts
  5. Select the "target" vault in the work account (customer vault)
  6. Click "NEW LOGIN"
  7. 1Password should open the browser inside selected vault
  8. Create login, press save
  9. Login is now saved in target vault

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.0
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey Felipe,
    Thank you for the feature request!

I went ahead and filed it internally, hopefully we will see this feature implemented in the future.

In the meantime, when you click the "+New Item" button it will always create the new item in the default vault for saving, which you can change in the extension's settings page.

Additionally, if you often create new items manually with the "+New Item" button, I suggest you utilize our desktop app for that task. The desktop app will allow you to create new items in specific vaults, move them around, move in batches and more. It makes managing your vaults and items much easier. In case you don't have the desktop app installed, you can get it here: https://1password.com/downloads/

Thanks again for bringing this up!

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#941

• Felipe Alvarez
    Felipe Alvarez
    Community Member
    Options

I can already create a new item in the browser, though, and while I do really really love 1P, I don't need "yet another" app installed on my machine. Thank you for the suggestion, and raising the FR

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Yaron, you are welcome @Felipe Alvarez :)

This discussion has been closed.