Master password displayed on iOS

dhakadabay
dhakadabay
Community Member

I'm a teacher who uses my iPad as a display device using Apple TV and a projector. There are times when I am teaching and need to unlock 1Password to access a login password. When entering my master password on my iPhone or iPad, the characters display momentarily before becoming anonymous dots. The other day I heard a student reciting my master password as I entered it and he read it on the screen (yes, it's 14 random characters long, but still...). I understand the rationale for the feature, but is there a way to turn this off completely?

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

The password field is a standard iOS component. It should be possible to build a completely custom one, but this is the first request I've seen for it. Obviously, I would strongly advise you to change your Master Password (perhaps creating one using the technique we recommend) and to no longer enter in full view of a classroom of curious students. But I will also pass your feature request along to the developers to see how we can best handle this in the future.

If we can be of further assistance in the meantime, please let us know. We are always here to help!

This discussion has been closed.