Lost functionality in v8: set default vault for new items

DanBrotskyDanBrotsky Junior Member

In v7 there was a preference item for setting the default vault for the creation of new items. This is critically important to those of us who support elderly family members who can't be trained to create new passwords in a shared vault. I can't find any way to set this preference in v8 Early Access (on Mac). Is this going to re-appear before you release v8?

1Password Version: 80202080, on BETA channel
Extension Version: 2.1.2
OS Version: macOS v11.6

Comments

• robbiepearcerobbiepearce

Team Member

Hi @DanBrotsky!

Thanks for providing feedback on this. Currently in version 8, the default vault for saving new items will be the Private vault in the first account added to the app, or the currently selected vault in the sidebar when you press "New Item".

I'll share your thoughts about bringing back the preference to select the default vault with the relevant team.

Thanks,
    Robbie

• DanBrotskyDanBrotsky Junior Member

Thanks, @robbiepearce, for passing this on. I have a lot of experience with older users, and --- given the current UI for creation, where the target vault appears at the top with no force prompting --- I don't believe there will be any way to train these users to look at that part of the screen, nor to use the dropdown to change the vault. Having the right default appear automatically is critical.

• PeterG_1PPeterG_1P

Team Member

We appreciate your perspective on this, @DanBrotsky. Thanks for articulating this! Your comments have been added to our internal issue around this workflow. 👍

ref: dev/core/core#9846

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file