Separate setting of displaying 1P icon in password fields

Safari. Add a separate setting to show the 1P icon in the password fields. Now the icon appears when the "Prompt to fill in and save passwords" option is enabled, but I don't want to do it automatically, I just want to see the icon. It is also noticed that when this option is enabled, when typing a password, 1P substitutes some kind of password. Extension version 2.1.3

1Password Version: 8.2.2
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

In addition. The problem of automatic password substitution occurs when the extension is enabled, regardless of the setting. If you block 1P, then no substitution occurs.

• @Spn13

Safari. Add a separate setting to show the 1P icon in the password fields. Now the icon appears when the "Prompt to fill in and save passwords" option is enabled, but I don't want to do it automatically, I just want to see the icon.

If you don't want to see the inline menu when a field is focused, you can change how it behaves. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings. Under Autofill, disable "Show autofill menu on field focus". This will automatically hide the inline menu when selecting a field, but the icon will still be visible if you choose to use it there.

It is also noticed that when this option is enabled, when typing a password, 1P substitutes some kind of password. Extension version 2.1.3. The problem of automatic password substitution occurs when the extension is enabled, regardless of the setting. If you block 1P, then no substitution occurs.

Can you elaborate more what you mean about "password substitution"? Are you saying 1Password overwrites a manually entered password with an autofilled password? Does changing the setting, as indicated above, improve this behaviour?

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

Are you saying 1Password overwrites a manually entered password with an autofilled password?

Yes exactly. Settings don't help, only 1P lock

• Spn13
    Spn13
    Community Member

I start to enter the password, after the third or fourth character, the password is rewritten. It is possible to enter only from the fourth time.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2021

Hey @Spn13 ,

1Password doesn't autofill anything without you directly instructing it to. If you're typing into a field and are not touching 1Password's suggestions with your mouse, then it is probably not 1Password that is overwriting the field.

Does this happen on a specific website or do you encounter it on every website you visit? If it is on a specific website, can you share the link here so that we can test it and see if we can reproduce?

This discussion has been closed.