To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Trouble setting up on new computer

Options
joebg
joebg
Community Member

I've got 1P7 with a subscription. I've installed on a new Mac mini and when it asked if I had existing account to migrate there were two choices, one I think was via iCloud, not sure what the other choice was, maybe browser. I chose iCloud -- but it didn't get me my 400+ items on there but only like 3. So I don't know where to go from here, how to get my data. I don't really know how 1P syncs my data, by what means or where it would tell me that. I use 1P on MacBook, iPhone and iPad. And now hopefully on new Mac mini.
Thanks for any help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @joebg,

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble getting set up on your new Mac. 1Password accounts sync directly with 1Password.com, instead of using a service like iCloud or Dropbox.

If you already have a 1Password account, you can add your 1Password account to the 1Password app by following these steps: How to add your 1Password account to the apps

If you need some help locating your Secret Key or Setup Code to add your 1Password account to the 1Password app, we've got a guide on that as well: Find your Secret Key or Setup Code

Let me know if you still need some more help!

Jack

• joebg
    joebg
    Community Member
    Options

OK looks like I got it, must have missed one of these steps. Thanks a bunch!!

• You are very welcome @joebg!

This discussion has been closed.