Why Shift + Command + X ?

Options
DonnieM
DonnieM
Community Member
edited October 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I am on a Mac using Chrome Version 94.0.4606.81. Why is that, when I have 1PW open, ie I have just put in my Master Password, and then open a login page from 1PW, I get this little box that jumps up asking me to hold Shift + Command + X then type in my Master Password again?

1Password Version: 7.9
Extension Version: 2.1.3
OS Version: Big Sur 11.6

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DonnieM!

Do you have the integration between the extension and the desktop app enabled in the extension settings?

• DonnieM
    DonnieM
    Community Member
    Options

How do I get to that screen please?

• Hi @DonnieM,

You can get to that screen by right-clicking ("control + click") the 1Password logo in Chrome's toolbar and select Settings.

If the setting is turned on, then there is a connection issue between your extension and the 1Password desktop app.

Would you please try the following steps and let me know if this resolves the issue for you?

1. Quit 1Password completely by clicking the 1Password 7 menu beside the  logo and choosing Quit 1Password Completely.
      • Or right-click the little 1Password icon on the top menu bar of your Mac (where the clock is) and select Quit 1Password Completely.
    2. Quit the Chrome browser by right-clicking its icon in the Dock and selecting Quit.
    3. Open and unlock the 1Password desktop app.
    4. Open your Chrome browser and test again to see if the issue is resolved.
  • DonnieM
    DonnieM
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, I think that's sorted it. Many thanks.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Kevin, you are welcome @DonnieM! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

• flavorthirty
    flavorthirty
    Community Member
    Options

Yeah having to press shift command x all the time is really annoying

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@flavorthirty definitely understand. I hope Kevin's instructions above was able to help.

This discussion has been closed.