Product Function Suggestions — App Login

Options
anyspecial2012
anyspecial2012
Community Member

Is it possible to develop a separate App account password saving function? Now there is only one function to create a new login. Web login and App login are all put together, which is very inconvenient to find.
However, nowadays mobile phones are popular and there are many apps. I hope to have the function of only recording APP login
APP login can be custom verification code login, combined login, or password login
In this way, 1Password can be used to record the login mode of the APP, making it more convenient to find

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @anyspecial2012!

Can you please give us an example of an app that you are thinking about?

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

On Android or iOS?

(On iOS this might be impossible due to sandboxing?)

• rudy
    Options

On iOS only apps that have Associated Domains interaction setup (a file on the app's website along with an entry in that app's info.plist) are able to provide any app context to 1Password via the AutoFill extension API. In that scenario there is no distinction between App Login and Website Login as the contextual information given to 1Password is the website. Apps that do not make use of Associated Domains provide zero context to 1Password, no the app name/bundle/website url, nothing.

• anyspecial2012
    anyspecial2012
    Community Member
    Options

I will try to draw a prototype of the idea for your reference
    Please give me 1-2 days

• anyspecial2012
    anyspecial2012
    Community Member
    Options

For the function of APP login, I offer two ideas. One is to add a separate function of APP login in the new project, and the other is to improve based on the current existing function and make relevant optimization in the new project - login information.
    You can refer to my prototype diagram for details, because I am using Chinese software, so the prototype diagram is in Chinese, you can use the translation software to view it.

This prototype diagram is the case of adding a separate APP login function

This prototype diagram is the improvement of the current login information

This is my general idea, I would like 1Password to implement something like this so that we can store app information and federated login information

• anyspecial2012
    anyspecial2012
    Community Member
    Options

Here are two screenshots of the prototype, uploaded as files

1.png 263.3K
    2.png 342.5K
  • anyspecial2012
    anyspecial2012
    Community Member
    Options

• anyspecial2012
    anyspecial2012
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options
  • anyspecial2012
    anyspecial2012
    Community Member
    Options

Hello?

• Hi @anyspecial2012:

Thanks for your suggestion and detailed mockup!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.