Deleting primary attached file in Documents file

Options

(On Windows client) It seems the user cannot right click and delete the primary attached file. Is this a bug or just functionality not built out yet? One has to completely re-create the Document entry to remove the file. The only option is to 'replace' which baffles me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @mia ! Thanks for sharing your feedback! We appreciate every idea that could make 1Password better.

You are right, Document items must contain a file. To make sure that rule is not broken the app does several things:

1. When you make a new Document item, the "Save" button is disabled until you add a file.
    2. There is no "Delete" button (as you noticed), just a button that allows you to replace the file with another one.

These mechanisms work together to ensure that there is always a file as part of a Document item.

As you noted, the File Attachment fields can be added and removed, so that's a good choice for attaching files to items in a way that can be removed later, but Document items (as they exist today) do not have that flexibility.

It's possible that in the future we could provide a way to convert a Document item to another kind of item with a File Attachment so that you wouldn't need to delete the whole item just to remove the referenced file. Let me know if that's something that would work for you so I can run it past our design and product teams.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day!

This discussion has been closed.