Password generation note for pixabay.com; issue registering

Options

Hi all, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to request a tweak like this but I thought that if it is something you are able to update that it may help someone in the future. On pixabay.com, registering worked like a breeze with 1Password—real slick, honestly. But the maximum characters for that particular site is 25 and the 1Password Password generator plugged in one that was 28.

Thanks & if this sort of thing isn't what you're interested in hearing about please @me and I'll stop haha. Much appreciated and happy halloween.

1Password Version: 8.4.0
Extension Version: 2.1.5
OS Version: 21A559

Comments

• Hi @awholelattelove!

Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and write in about this, we really do appreciate it 🤗. This is definitely something we could help improve for other users going forward! I went to https://pixabay.com/ to check out their signup form and see if I could reproduce the password length limit you mentioned, but curiously I didn't seem to be able to. The form let me create an account with a password over 25 characters in length 🤔. I got there by clicking the "Join" button towards the top right of the main page; did you happen to use a different signup form? Also, may I ask if you generated this password through an in-page suggestion from our browser extension, or through some other means?

• awholelattelove
    awholelattelove
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @ag_jarek, thanks for the swift reply! Glad it was maybe helpful. That's weird though! I believe I signed up using the same form. This was through an in-page suggestion from the browser extension.

Thanks again!

• @awholelattelove gotcha, that's good to know! Looking at the form again, it displays these guidelines for password creation:

pixabay's guidelines for new passwords

It's definitely possible that the 1Password extension generated a password that didn't meet one of these guidelines, which would have prevented signup. May I ask what your password generator settings look like? For instance, here's a screenshot of mine:

screenshot of my password generator settings in the extension

Here I have the "smart password" type set as my default for in-page suggestions. I'm curious if yours is the same :smile:

• awholelattelove
    awholelattelove
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_jarek Hey again! You guessed it—I've got Smart Password enabled as well :) https://cln.sh/dF1cFbxEh0RPjsELoxHk

• @awholelattelove wonderful! Smart Password should be able to consistently generate a compatible password for this website (and many, many others), so that rules out one more possibility for an incompatible password here.

We'll definitely keep an eye on https://pixabay.com/ to make sure Smart Password stays compatible there in the future. In the meantime, I don't have a great explanation for why you ended up with a password being filled that didn't work out (maybe the website changes a bit based on geographical location?). In any case, if you run into something like this again, please do reach out to us so we can investigate! If you can grab a screenshot of the site's password rules and a link to their signup page for us when it occurs, that would be super helpful 🙌.

Have a wonderful week!

• awholelattelove
    awholelattelove
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_jarek Thanks again, I will reach out if it crops up again. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful! Have a great week yourself :)

This discussion has been closed.