Browser (Safari) fill-in broken: selection is not entered into input fields

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

While the (Safari) browser extension does show the correct credentials (to fill in) in input fields, it does nothing when I select an entry (no fill in).

1Password Version: 80400033 (Nightly)
Extension Version: (Safari) 2.1.3
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.6.1

Comments

• Hi @XIII ,

Does this happen on all sites or just one? If one, can you please send a email to support+filling-site@1password.com with listing the site in question.

Thanks,
    Kevin

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Any site I tried this morning.

I have a new problem now: the extension locked and its "Open 1Password" button does nothing when clicked.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @XIII ,

Can you please try the following:
    1. Restart your computer.
    2. Open and unlock the 1Password desktop app.
    3. Open Safari, then right-click the 1Password extension icon in Safari's toolbar and select "Settings".
    4. In the settings page that opens, turn off the "Integrate with 1Password app" option, then turn it back on.
    5. Test and see if things are working properly now.

In case the issue persists, can you please send us the following via email to support+x@1password.com:

• A short video showing the issue(s) you are having. If the video is larger than 20mb, upload it to a file storage service, make it public and provide the link.
    • A diagnostics report from the 1Password desktop app after reproducing the issue; Open the app -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Send diagnostics -> Attach the diagnostics to the email.
    • The extension's log in Safari after reproducing the issue; Go to Safari's preferences -> Advanced -> Enable develop menu. Then click the Develop menu in the menu bar and select "Web extensions background page" -> 1Password -> Console. Save the console's content as a log or a text file and attach it to your email.

Thank you.

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry, looks like I have missed your reply…

I have not experienced this issue again recently.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    edited November 2021
    Options

That's great to hear! :+1:

This discussion has been closed.