Is there any other method to pay for 1pw subscription then using a credit card?

Already own a standalone licence but want to switch to a subscription.
I used to have a creditcard but not anymore.
In the billing section there is only the possibility of entering a creditcard, nothing else.
I could pay with PayPal or a normal bank card, but how?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @willemvermeulen

We do also offer the possibility to pay via gift card (for 1Password.com), which has some expanded options for payment, including PayPal:

Digital Gift Cards | Give the Gift of Secure Passwords | 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Thanks, will give that a try.
    But can't believe that a creditcard is the only normal way to pay in such a big (modern) company.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@willemvermeulen

I forgot to mention it is also possible to pay through Apple and Google. So, credit card, gift card (which can be purchased with PayPal), or any of the payment methods accepted by Apple or Google for their in-app subscriptions. :+1:

Ben

• ok.but when I pay via Apple I will probably loose the 50% discount for a 3 year subscription.
    Finally you (Agilebits) convinced me to go from standalone to subscription and then you make it so hard to just pay for it ;-)
    But thank you for the workarounds.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@willemvermeulen:

We appreciate the feedback! Perhaps one day we will be able to add even more payment methods :+1:

• Are there options for additional discounts beyond the Annual subscription vs. Monthly? willemvermeulen talks about a large discount for a 3-year subscription. My subscription is coming up for renewal soon. How can I take advantage of discounts for pre-paying for a longer timeframe?
    Thank you,
    - Ron

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@Lacrocious:

Are there options for additional discounts beyond the Annual subscription vs. Monthly? willemvermeulen talks about a large discount for a 3-year subscription.

I believe that might have been a typo. See this post from my colleague Ben for more details.

• No, not a typo. In the 1PW application, left bottom corner it showed a link stating to take a 3 year subscription with 50% discount.
    Also when I followed that link and tried to pay it showed me I was getting this 3 year discount of 50%.

But as stated above, only payable via a credit card. And because of that I did not take the offer and continued with the standalone version.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@willemvermeulen:

I see, you are referring to the offer for existing standalone license users then I believe :+1: If I am not mistaken, this is a one-off offer that cannot be renewed after three years (which is where Ben's comment comes into play). But for any questions about billing and subscriptions, the sales team is always available via email at [email protected] in case you want to investigate this further.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file