How long will v6 standalone keep working on El Capitan?

Options
ajahn
ajahn
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

Hello. I am planning to upgrade our 4 separate standalone 1Password apps to a Family account. We all have MacBooks running High Sierra and iPhones, so they should all work with the Family account and 1P7 or 1P8. Unfortunately, we also have an iMac that is still running El Capitan (10.11.6). I know this old version of OSX can't run 1Password greater than v6, so I will have to continue to use the standalone app until I get around to upgrading the OS. How long will the old standalone v6.8.9 (689001) continue to work on that computer? I understand that once we switch to the Family plan, our vaults will no longer sync (from the cloud) with the standalone (Dropbox) vault, but we should be able to live with that for a little while (adding new passwords manually on the iMac). What do you think?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.13.6 and OSX 10.11.6

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ajahn,

Neither El Capitan or 1Password 6 are receiving updates anymore. Considering neither is anticipated to change, it seems likely that they'd continue to work with each other indefinitely. Beyond that, such as whether the browser extension will work with your browser, it is difficult to say.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.