Tips and Best Practices: Using 1Password in case I die.

LKlieger
LKlieger
Community Member

I have begun using 1P as an "oh shit" resource, in case I die. That way, my family can have records of estate documents, bank logins, and more. I'm hoping this thread can become a list of best practices and ideas for using 1P in this way.

My system, so far:

A Shared Vault with my partner, which includes:

• all relevant logins (banks, utiilities, etc.). Each login also includes a custom "Autopay" field, indicating which account it's linked to Autopay.
  • various registrations, etc. to show when renewals are needed. This includes typical things like Global Entry, but also things like vehicle registration renewals (license plate sticker), and Comcast promotions (so she knows when to call for another "discount").
  • literally an "oh shit" note explaining in my own words where everything is, who to call, and how to handle the process. It also includes some more personalized notes, rather than solely logistics.
  • all estate documents (trusts, wills, POAs, etc.).
  • relevant contacts of who to call.

Does anyone else us 1P for this purpose? If so, do you have any recommendations?

I've already proposed this functionality to 1P, and they have an open development item about it, but perhaps this thread can help guide their path as well.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

This discussion has been closed.