Feature Request: Payment Card Art to avoid confusion

Options
sspaus
sspaus
Community Member
edited November 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

I have selected the wrong payment card details many times because the logos in 1Password just show Visa, MasterCard or Amex.

I have multiple Visa and MasterCard payment cards and I never make this mistake when platforms like Apple Pay show the exact image of the card.

In addition, as I am a dual citizen of Australia and the UK, I need to quickly figure out which card is GBP or AUD. Please fix this in a future release.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sspaus!

I have selected the wrong payment card details many times because the logos in 1Password just show Visa, MasterCard or Amex.

When you use 1Password in the browser, the inline menu shows also the Title of this credit card, not just the icon. Is the Title of the card not enough to distinguish cards in your case?

In addition, as I am a dual citizen of Australia and the UK, I need to quickly figure out which card is GBP or AUD. Please fix this in a future release.

You could put this also in the title of the item, or you could also use a custom field for this:

Customize your 1Password items

• sspaus
    sspaus
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana I do have card headings, but nothing is faster than actually seeing an accurate graphical representation of the card.

How do you suggest using customize functionality to speed up things from a visual perspective? All I can see is that custom fields will simply allow me to add more text, not an embedded image. Images can only be attached, not embedded, as far as I understand.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sspaus:

How do you suggest using customize functionality to speed up things from a visual perspective?

I have personally added the logo of the bank or of the card as a custom icon to my credit card items.

• sspaus
    sspaus
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana Thanks, I just changed all of the logos by searching online then uploading them. That got me thinking, it might be great to have an icons library that customers can contribute to, which can interface with the app. It would require no effort from 1Password to maintain (it is user-generated content), and we all benefit from crowdsourcing!

Anyway, thanks for your tips!

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

You are welcome @sspaus, and thank you for the suggestion :)

This discussion has been closed.