How to upgrade individual subscription from App Store to Family subscription?

StephenMc
StephenMc
Community Member

I have an individual subscription for 1Password through the Apple App Store (Mac). It's an annual subscription that expires 2/1/2022.

My wife just bought a MacBook Pro and I want to install 1Password on her new machine. I thought a Family subscription would be more economical but I can't see how to upgrade the subscription through Apple. I can download the app to her new machine but it doesn't give me an option to upgrade, just start a new subscription.

I also know that the app is different from the App Store and the 1Password website. So I'm wondering what to do.

1. Cancel the subscription from Apple, download the app from 1Password and sign up for a new subscription through 1Password. That also means I have to delete the app from my machine and reinstall.

2. Can I cancel the Individual subscription from Apple and start a new Family subscription? I know you would prefer subscriptions to go direct to 1Password.

I also don't want passwords shared between the 2 accounts. Is there a way to prevent this?

1Password Version: 7.9.1 (App Store)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.0.1

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @StephenMc!

Can I cancel the Individual subscription from Apple and start a new Family subscription? I know you would prefer subscriptions to go direct to 1Password.

This is probably the easiest way, and we can help you with this. To avoid sharing your account information here, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

I also don't want passwords shared between the 2 accounts. Is there a way to prevent this?

Yes, you can just not use any shared vaults, and just use your Individual Private vaults.

• StephenMc
    StephenMc
    Community Member

Thanks ag_ana.
    The support ID is: [#DWN-71675-375]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@StephenMc:

Thank you! I confirm that I have managed to locate your message in our system :+1: We will take a look and someone will get back to your email as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: DWN-71675-375

• StephenMc
    StephenMc
    Community Member

Thank you :)

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

You are very welcome :)

This discussion has been closed.