Is it possible to maintain offline version without password sync

Options
Shamej
Shamej
Community Member

Is it possible to maintain my encrypted password as offline version stored locally on my laptop only, I don't want to sync my password to cloud or sync my password to any other device

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Is it possible to maintain offline version without password sync

Comments

• J.M
    J.M
    Community Member
    edited November 2021
    Options

With 1Password 8, not really. it's destined to people who just want sync to work automatically. It's more of a "convenient" solution.

I was a 1Password user back in 2011 and switched over to a bit of Lastpass (short lived) and then Keepass with LAN sync when 1Password 6 and the early signs of 1Password going subscription model showed. I was against it back then. Nowadays I just want to progressively stop fiddling with things and I hate the cloud less too I guess.

You could log into a membership account then block the desktop app from connecting to the web and add items to your vault after that but that would be very cumbersome as you probably wouldn't be notified about updates and so on. Sync can't really be deactivated it seems.

• Hi @Shamej:

Thanks for asking about this! As @J.M mentioned (thanks for the assist :smile:), 1Password 8 will be membership only, and is intended to work with a 1Password account. For more specifics on this why we've decided to go this route, here's a post by our founder Dave Teare.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.