Convert Individual Subscription to Family Subscription on purchase made through the Apple app store

cjsogle
cjsogle
Community Member
edited December 2021 in Families

This old chesnut.....

Ok I have read all the explanations of why Apple has screwed up the process somehow preventing the transition from individual to family account...... but: my situation is that I wish to convert to a Family plan. I believe that that current instructions to make this switch are:

1. I have to CANCEL my app store subscription.
  2. I have to email someone at Agilebits
  3. I then have to wait for their reply (and where I read this instruction is attached the warning: "we are very busy and you may have to wait a while" (a definition of 'a while' is just hanging there)
  4. In the interim 'while', I have no access to any of my passwords which I use CONSTANTLY during everyday........ in what world is this an acceptable solution........

I hope this information is out of date and a more risk free option is available. If this is not the case, then I am facing having to move from 1P which I have used since version 1.

Please advise

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @cjsogle!

I have to CANCEL my app store subscription.
    I have to email someone at Agilebits
    I then have to wait for their reply (and where I read this instruction is attached the warning: "we are very busy and you may have to wait a while" (a definition of 'a while' is just hanging there)

These are correct! For a definition of "a while": we try to reply to everyone within 24 hours, normally it's much less though.

In the interim 'while', I have no access to any of my passwords which I use CONSTANTLY during everyday........ in what world is this an acceptable solution........

This is not correct: you keep having access to your passwords, since your data is independent from the billing. Can I please ask you where you read that you won't have access to your passwords in the meantime? If there is some documentation out there that says this, we will be happy to update it :+1:

In the meantime, go get things started, can you send us an email to support+forum@agilebits.com from your account's registered email address so we can continue the conversation there?

After you have sent the email, please post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• msaaby
    msaaby
    Community Member

I have the same problem...
    My subscription is set for renewal 19.10.22.
    If I cancel my subscription because I want to upgrade, what will happen to my payment of almost a year ?

• ag_tommy
    edited December 2021

@msaaby

You should reach out to us and we can assist you with any billing concerns. We'll happily work with you to resolve those.

https://support.1password.com/contact/ or via email using support@1password.com

This discussion has been closed.