Stop Chrome from Telling me to "Add to Chrome"

Options
Bluink
Bluink
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi there,

Every time I have chrome open and I open 1Pass, it asks me to ad 1 password to chrome and I can't use the app without doing this.

I have to minimize my windows to get access to my passwords.

I don't want to install this damn thing in my browser because it makes Chrome unusable and I can't access the fields to fill in my data when it is installed. The 1pass icon blocks some of the entry fields on form pages and it's the biggest nuisance. But it seems I have to go this round-about way all the time to not be prompted 24/7 about installing this hell of an extension.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Bluink!

1Password Version: Not Provided
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided

Can you please let us know these version numbers?

• Bluink
    Bluink
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have the extension installed.
    Mac OS Catalina

This info is not needed though as far as I know

• Hey @Bluink:

Thanks for clarifying that. Here's a few suggestions that you might try:

• Install 1Password in the browser for Chrome, then disable "Show autofill menu on field focus" in settings. To access settings for 1Password in the browser, right click the 1Password icon in Chrome's toolbar, then select Settings. This will stop the in-line menu from automatically expanding when you click a field.
    • If you'd rather use the classic extension, that's also an option. The 1Password classic extension integrates directly with the 1Password desktop app, and will not show any in-line menus when on a webpage.

Let me know how that goes!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.