Follow up | Login with 2FA Synology Account

ugafta
ugafta
Community Member
edited December 2021 in 1Password in the Browser

The credentials including 2FA are no longer automatically inserted.

Can you please look at what is different? - Please correct this behavior.

https://1password.community/discussion/114101/2fa-synology-account

#edit# The same thing happens in Chrome Browser on iOS 15.1.1 (iPhone 12 Pro Max)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ugafta!

Thank you for the report! I see that our developers are already aware of this, so hopefully they will have the chance to look at this website soon, and in the meantime I have let them know that you have also encountered this :+1:

ref: dev/core/core#10587

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

Any progress after 2 months?
    Anyway, could someone please forward this request to the DevOps again?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ugafta our developers are still investigating this. However, there's an issue with how the website has coded the field. There is not a solution for this on our end yet. We can definitely provide additional feedback about this to our developers. Thanks for checking in.

• tmakaro
    tmakaro
    Community Member

Account.synology.com seems to autofill credentials including 2FA properly for me. I'm not saying that the issue doesn't exist, but I can't replicate it myself. I have used the 2.2.3 extension and I have tried both Edge (chromium), and Firefox.

• Hey @tmakaro:

Thanks for the additional note here! As Joy mentioned, we're still investigating and hopefully we can improve the state of play for everyone in the future. 😀

Jack

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    edited April 2022

5 months later and I still don't see any progress...
    Please forward this to your DevOps team! Thanks a lot

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    edited April 2022

Please note that the 2FA code is not filled in automatically.

(E-Mail and password work)

@paul.m_1p please support me here as well.

• Hi @ugafta:

Thanks for following up on this. I don't have an update to share just yet, but as Joy mentioned we're still investigating. I appreciate your patience on this.

Jack

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    edited April 2022

Hi @Jack.P_1P:
    I have something to add and support the investigation that gives the cause:
    It works with English (en-us)
    --> https://account.synology.com/en-us/oauth2/login/home?login_challenge=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    It does not work in German (de-de)
    --> https://account.synology.com/de-de/oauth2/login/home?login_challenge=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

• Hi @ugafta:

Thanks for sharing the additional details, I'll add what you've discovered to our tracker notes for this issue.

Jack

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member

Hi @Jack.P_1P
    8 months later and still not resolved 😪

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ugafta, things are filling better on the site on my end on the site. Could you test things out and let me know how things are going? Does the 2fa code fill for you?

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    edited August 2022

Hi @Joy_1P, I have still the same situation, when tried the latest beta Chrome extension:

It works with English (en-us)

--> https://account.synology.com/en-us/oauth2/login/home?login_challenge=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It does not work in German (de-de)

--> https://account.synology.com/de-de/oauth2/login/home?login_challenge=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To reproduce the error, change the language before testing again:

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @ugafta thanks for the information. I'll share what's going on from your end with our team. I don't have an ETA on when there will be a solution, but hopefully this new data can help get things going. I appreciate your patience.

• ugafta
    ugafta
    Community Member
    edited September 2022

Hi @Joy_1P.
    Have you been able to send the information and push this issue?

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@ugafta I did add that you've reached out again about this issue to the internal ticket. However, I can't make any promises on when the issue will be resolved. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

• MacGilius
    MacGilius
    Community Member

I'm trying to add 2FA on my Synology account website (using safari) and after scanning the QR quote on 1password APP (v8.9.7) on my iPhone 13 Pro Max (v16.1) I get an error message (in Spanish , location Mexico) "that the URL is incorrect: the scheme is invalid", does it has anything to do with the language ? Both my MacBook Air M1 (Ventura13.0 ) and iPhone are to sync time with Apple (time.apple.com.)

• MacGilius
    MacGilius
    Community Member

Never mind.... I was holding it wrong! ...... Synology page says "download any of these apps and scan. And it has Apple and Android App stores and a QR code "... I tried to use that QR as the 2FA and it was invalid. After 2-3 minutes of thinking, maybe you hit next and the REAL 2FA shows up.... and it did.... the QR shown on previous step is probably for the Synology Secure Sign in App.
    sorry for the misunderstanding.

• Hey @MacGilius,

No need to apologise I'm glad you figured things out.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with at all!

This discussion has been closed.