Feature request: Email Account Webmail Fill

Options
lotusone
lotusone
Community Member

Not a huge deal, but a bit of an annoyance...

You can put a URL field in an email account item, but even if there is a username and password item in the same section [1], "open and fill" doesn't fill them in, requiring a separate item for the account proper and the webmail login, and thus more duplication.

1. are webmail usernames and passwords not always the same as those for the account? Could the username and password not be pulled from the password above (e.g. in IMAP)?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hey @lotusone,

It's an interesting idea. I'd love to see us make it such that any item can be filled, so long as it has the requisite information available. We have a feature request open for this, and I'll add your voice to that request. :+1:

Ben

ref: dev/projects/customer-feature-requests#33

• lotusone
    lotusone
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

Thanks :) I'd the feature request public? If so, can you provide a link?

• Ben
    Options

@lotusone

No problem, though there isn't a public link, I'm afraid. We track feature requests using our devops platform, which is internal.

Ben

• brokenArc
    brokenArc
    Community Member
    Options

I'd like to second that request. I keep multiple email accounts for my domain names stored in 1Password. Currently, I have to have two entries for each account: one for the mail server and one for webmail. This causes 1Password to warn me that I have duplicate passwords. This setup also requires me to update two entries whenever I update the passwords for those mail servers.

• Ben
    Options

Hey @brokenArc

In order to avoid that with the currently available features have you considered leaving the credentials off the mail server item, and instead linking the mail server item to the webmail item?

Link related items in 1Password

Alternatively you could add fields for the mail server details to the webmail item and then delete the mail server item entirely:

Customize your 1Password items

(I'd probably go the latter route, personally, to avoid having an "extra" item)

That said: I do agree there is more we could do in this regard. I've added your voice to the above mentioned feature request. :+1: :) Thank you!

Ben

• brokenArc
    brokenArc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the followup @Ben

I have used custom fields, but I had forgotten about them. I agree that they are the better option, and I'll use them for this scenario. I actually did not know that it was possible to link items; I will try to keep that capability in mind.

Thanks again!

• Ben
    Options

Happy to help. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

• AdrianB
    AdrianB
    Community Member
    Options

Add my voice to the request as well. I understand the workarounds but it would be more convenient to just have the autofill from the email account item, especially if you already have a lot of those entered.

• Ben
    Options

I wouldn't disagree a bit, @AdrianB. Thanks for sharing. 😊

Ben

ref: PSS-I-48

This discussion has been closed.