How to remove an old company account from the iOS app?

Options
mluisbrown
mluisbrown
Community Member

In the iOS app I currently see 3 accounts:
1. my personal account
2. the company account where I work now
3. the company account of a company where I used to work, which has been disabled

How do I remove account 3 from the iOS app completely, so I don't see it any more? It's not shown on the macOS app, but I can't seem to remove it from the iOS app. In the Accounts screen for this account, the "Sign Out" button is greyed out.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.1.1

Comments

• Hi @mluisbrown:

It sounds like your old work account may be the first that you added to 1Password for iOS on your device. Because it was the first added account, you are unable to sign out of it directly. If you'd like to remove it from 1Password for iOS, you will need to uninstall the app, and reinstall it and sign in with your accounts 1 and 2 that you mentioned.

Additionally, if you have access to a Mac, and no longer want this old account to show in the list of found accounts when setting up 1Password for iOS, you can remove the data from iCloud keychain using a Mac set up with that same Apple ID as follows:

1. On the Mac, launch the "Keychain Access" utility that comes with macOS
    2. In the search box in the upper-right corner of the app, search for "com.agilebits.onepassword.b5Credentials" (without the quote marks)
    3. Each search result you see is one account's details that are stored in iCloud Keychain
      You can delete all of those entries if you want to remove all of the account credentials stored in iCloud Keychain (this won't impact the 1Password app or your account); if you only want to remove the one specific set of credentials:
    • Double-click on the entry you want to examine
    • Tick the "Show password" box at the bottom of the Attributes tab, and enter your macOS user password when prompted
    • The contents of the box will show the stored account details - you can click into the box and use the up and down keys on your keyboard to see all of the details
    • When you have identified the entry that relates to the specific membership you no longer want to have recorded in iCloud Keychain, delete that one com.agilebits.onepassword.b5Credentials entry.

Let me know how that goes!

Jack

• mluisbrown
    mluisbrown
    Community Member
    edited December 2021
    Options

Hi @jack.platten

Thanks for the detailed instructions! I was able to remove the keychain credentials for the old account and re-installed the iOS app and now no longer have the old account listed!

Michael.

• Thanks for letting us know that helped. Have a great weekend!

This discussion has been closed.