To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't change back to 1PW 7 from 1PW 8

Options
DoNotStaple
DoNotStaple
Community Member

I uninstalled 1PW7 from my desktop and loaded 1PW8. 1PW8 is not for me yet so I'm trying to go back to 1PW7. However, when I try to download 1PW from the Agilebits store, it wants me to create an account but my email address is already in the system. Also it wants me to download a free trial when I already have a paid subscription. I don't want to get charged in on a free trial version. Help please.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @DoNotStaple!

it wants me to create an account but my email address is already in the system. Also it wants me to download a free trial when I already have a paid subscription.

In this case, please don't create a new account, simply login to your existing one. You should see a section called Have you used 1Password before?, where you can just enter your existing account credentials :+1:

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    There is no "Have you used 1Password before" section at all on the free trial page that I visited. Is there a link that can take me to the right place?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoNotStaple:

There is no link, it's something that you see directly inside the 1Password app after you installed it. Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing, so we understand where you are exactly?

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    Here is the screenshot. There is no "Have you used 1Password before:.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoNotStaple:

Please download 1Password 7 from here. After you install it, you should not see that create account form, and you can login with your existing account credentials instead :+1:

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    I downloaded 1Password 7 successfully. It seems I was on the wrong page. Thanks a lot

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana
    I downloaded 1Password 7 OK, but the 1PW icon is not in the toolbar. Any ideas?

• Hi @DoNotStaple:

To confirm, is that the toolbar in your browser, or the system tray on Windows, or the menu bar on macOS?

Let me know!

Jack

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@jack.platten

It's the toolbar on MacOS and it's a Firefox browser

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoNotStaple:

Can you try making sure that the icon is set to show?

If you don’t see the 1Password icon in your browser’s toolbar

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

I'm using the Firefox browser and when I go to customize the toolbar there is NO!, 1PW icon to choose from.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoNotStaple:

It sounds like you have not installed the browser extension yet, which would explain why you are not seeing it. You can download it from here.

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

I have the extension in Firefox. It's in the Menu bar. It's the main 1PW icon in the Toolbar that i don't have. I have even tried to load it from the Customize Toolbar, but agin, there is no 1PW icon to move up to the toolbar.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoNotStaple:

If you open 1Password for Mac and go to Preferences > General tab, do you have Show 1Password in the menu bar enabled?

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

Yes, that is already enabled

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoNotStaple:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us to support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and connect it with this forum discussion.

Looking forward to your message!

• DoNotStaple
    DoNotStaple
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_ana

Good news! I removed Firefox completely including all of its files and folders. Then I reinstalled a new copy of Firefox and 1PW is working great in the "Toolbar". I don' know what happened, but I'm happy about it. Thanks for all your help!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update @DoNotStaple. I'm not sure what Firefox would have to do with 1Password appearing (or not appearing) in the macOS menu bar, but I'm glad to hear you were able to find a resolution. If anything else comes up please don't hesitate to reach out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.