1Password 7 keeps asking me to install extensions that are already installed

chetgolfer
chetgolfer
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

Using 1Password 7 on Mac mini with M1 chip. When I unlock 1Password 7 with Apple Watch while using Chrome Browser, where the 1Password extension is already installed, it displays a black screen asking me to install the Chrome extension. It interferes with my access to the website password I am trying to access.

1Password Version: 7.9.2 (709020050
Extension Version: 2.1.4
OS Version: mac OS Monterey
Referrer: forum-search:1Password 7 keeps asking me to install extensions that are already installed

Comments

• @chetgolfer

I'd like to start by understanding a bit more about what you're experiencing:

• What exact steps are you taking to unlock 1Password in your browser, and what response are you getting?
    • Where exactly is 1Password asking you to install the extension - is it in your macOS menu bar?
    • If you click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar to unlock, do you get the same error?

Whatever detail you can provide, around those questions or beyond them, will help us understand the nature of the issue you're seeing.

• chetgolfer
    chetgolfer
    Community Member

Sorry for late reply. Solved problem on my own

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

@chetgolfer Hey there, glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach back out again. We're always happy to help.

This discussion has been closed.