saving passwords?

Options
kram5819
kram5819
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I am not sure I understand this feature that is included in the most recent update

IMPROVEMENTS

When offering to generate a password, the option to 'Save in 1Password' is shown only when you manually enter a password. {#11399}

I recently had an opportunity to create a new account somewhere and when I put in my information it didn't offer to save the password or create or generate one Is that what this is talking about because I'm not quite sure I understand what this improvement does

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @kram5819:

This change smooths things out when creating new accounts. Instead of seeing both a generated password and a "Save in 1Password" button in the dropdown, you'll only see a generated password to fill into the password field and save a new Login, and only after manually typing in the password field will you see a "Save in 1Password" button. I'd be happy to investigate the issue with the site you mentioned and see if we can improve the state of play there! :smile:

Jack

• kram5819
    kram5819
    Community Member
    Options

Jack
    I don't remember which site now it was that I did that on but I also made a new account somewhere else and it worked perfectly fine so I'm not going to worry about it I guess I still don't quite understand the manually typing in the one password field thing I've never had a problem with it It's always work good for me So I'll just keep on keeping it on
    Thank you

• Hey @kram5819:

Glad to hear it's working now! Be sure to get in touch if you need anything in the future! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.