Can i dissable chrome autofill to 1password?

Options
herreraa
herreraa
Community Member

I want to disable autofill to 1password in chrome but have the autofill feature to all my other account using chrome.
I am just intalled 1password today , perhaps i am missing something.

My problem: if chrome autofill my sign in to 1 password , that mean anybody with access to my chrome browser can have also access to my 1password account, they just need to go to the 1password website and sign in.....sorry i do not understand the point of those autofill for all the accounts included the 1password itself.

I hope you can advice,

Thanks

Alex

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @herreraa! 👋

Welcome to 1Password! Do I understand correctly that you're seeing Chrome itself filling some of your passwords inside of the browser? If I got it right then I recommend that you migrate all of your passwords from Chrome's built-in password manager to 1Password and then disable Chrome's built-in password manager. Follow these guides:

Let me know if you run into any issues or if I misunderstood your question. :)

• herreraa
    herreraa
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the response.
    I already did that.
    Just to clarify:
    1. I did dissable chrom autofill
    2. i did add the 1password extension in chrom and migrated all the passwords to 1password
    3. I do not want 1password to autofill 1passwords passwords. Scenario: my computer is stolen or somebody get into my house while i am travelling. assume that he is able to open my desktop, if they open chrome and search 1password , then the autofill from 1password , add the passworf to my 1password account. I do not want that autofill buit only to my 1password account.

I hope that helps

Thanks

• @herreraa Your sign-in details for 1Password.com are being filled by 1Password in the browser because each 1Password account comes with a 1Password Account item in your vault that contains your sign-in details. You can find this item by searching for "1Password Account" (without the quotations).

Even if you prevent this item from being filled by 1Password in the browser (by archiving or deleting the item) the malicious actor in your scenario would still have access to all of your other items since 1Password in the browser is unlocked on your device. A better way to prevent someone from accessing your 1Password items is to lock your device when you step away from it or to have 1Password itself lock after a certain amount of time has passed: How to set 1Password to lock automatically

You can also manually lock 1Password in the browser by right-clicking on the 1Password icon in your browser and then clicking Lock.

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

• herreraa
    herreraa
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the options proposed will implement them.

I had a temporary solution and i would like your opinion of disadvantages: I did remove tha master password from the 1password item. In this way the autofill try to work but since the master password was deleted i am forced to type it in order to sign in everytime.....i would appreciate any comment and i consider this thread as closed.

many thanks!!!!!!!!!

• @herreraa Removing your account password from the 1Password Account item in your vault would certainly prevent 1Password in the browser from filling your account password into 1Password.com.

Let me know if you have any other questions. :)

This discussion has been closed.