One-Time Password Generator for Salesforce MFA requirement on same device

Options
Gobbledigoop
Gobbledigoop
Community Member

Hello.

I'm trying to use the one-time password generator function for 1Password to meet the new MFA requirement needed to log into Salesforce. I am trying to do all of this on the same laptop. I turn on MFA for Salesforce log in, scan the QR code via the 1Password Desktop app, plug in the verification code, then click log in. It then goes to a page that says" Unable to Access Page" which I've pasted below. I've contacts Salesforce support and they said to contact 1Password Support. 1Password Support hasn't answered yet, so I'm posting here.

*Is it even possible to use the 1Password desktop app for one-time password generation to log into Salesforce via the same device? Or do I need to use another device such as a phone? I ask this because I don't want my staff to rely on two devices for log in. Some do not have reliable secondary devices. :

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.6

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the 1Password Support Community, @Gobbledigoop! Thanks for posting. I see you've already received a reply via email, so let's keep things in that channel instead of duplicating effort for all involved.

This discussion has been closed.