Will there be a classic extension for 1Password Beta?

I might not be understanding it correctly, but the new 1Password 8 (which is awesome btw) is really nice but doesn't use the old classic extensions. I quite enjoy these with using COMMAND + \ in the browser. When I try and do that in the browser I try and install the extensions but it fails.

Related to this I think that the 1Password 8 has the 1Password 7 link for installing the browser extension. Maybe this needs to be fixed?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni

Hey @chriscn, thanks for reaching out! I agree that 1Password 8 is awesome. However, it only works with the new extension, as the classic extension is no longer receiving updates. The new extension should work with Command + \ though. You would just need the shared lock state feature in the extension to be enabled, and the shortcut would have to be set up in the app settings.

Shared lock state is enabled by default but in case it's not working as it should, let's disable and re-enable it:

1. Right click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar and choose Settings.
    2. Under General, disable "Integrate with 1Password app".
    3. Re-enable "Integrate with 1Password app".

To set up the Command + \ shortcut:

1. Open the 1Password app > go to Preferences > go to General.
    2. Enter Command + \ next to Open 1Password.
    3. You can then set up a shortcut to fill with 1Password.

I hope that helps. Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.