To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Just upgraded to 7 - how do I sync

Options
RRockley
RRockley
Community Member

I just upgraded from 6 to 7 on my Mac, and I'm about to upgrade the OS on the Mac to Catalina.

With 6, it would sync via Dropbox with the app on my iPhone and on my work PC. What do I have to do now to get it to sync? I think the procedure changed with the new release but I'm not sure what I have to do now to sync to all my other devices. Thanks.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mojave 10.14.6

Comments

• Hey @RRockley:

When you upgraded to 1Password 7, did you create a 1Password account? If you did, adding your 1Password account to the apps on your other devices would be your best bet: How to add your 1Password account to the apps

Additionally, your 1Password account syncs automatically. Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• RRockley
    RRockley
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. It looks like that has worked on all my devices. I'm a little puzzled as to how that syncing happens but if it works I'm good.

• @RRockley

I'm happy to hear that everything is working. If you have a 1Password account then all of your items appear instantly on all of your devices. This is all handled automatically by 1Password.com so you don't need to configure "sync" manually through a third-party service such as Dropbox. :)

This discussion has been closed.