To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

KEY

nnleachman
nnleachman
Community Member

The program says the secret key is incorrect

Comments

• Hello @nnleachman! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble accessing your 1Password account. You said that the 1Password app is telling you that the Secret Key is incorrect, are you trying to add your account to the 1Password app on a specific device? If you are then which device are you using?

And can you tell me if you're able to log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

I look forward to hearing from you. :)

• nnleachman
    nnleachman
    Community Member

Not sure where to find it in the browser

• nnleachman
    nnleachman
    Community Member

Logged in on my MacBook. Trying to figure out ipad

• aroberts69
    aroberts69
    Community Member

Trying to figure it out in my iPhone

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

@nnleachman & @aroberts69 All the 1Password apps allow you to display your secret key. In general, you will find it under Settings -> Accounts -> [Account Name]. The apps also allow you to display a QR code for setting up another device. The instructions for each app are on the following page:

https://support.1password.com/secret-key/

By default, you should also have a Login item for 1password.com saved in your Private vault that contains your secret key. You can bring this up by searching in the desktop browser extension or by navigating to 1password.com.

If you haven't done so already, print out your Emergency Kit. This contains you secret key and you will need it if you lose access to all your devices.

• Fantastic advice @rootzero!

Were you able to locate your Emergency Kit using the instructions provided @nnleachman? 👀

This discussion has been closed.