Problem filling forms with radio buttons when "Animate filling" is enabled

gummi
gummi
Community Member
edited April 2013 in 1Password 4 for Windows

If i want to login at Amazon it says
"There was a problem with your request
You indicated you are a new customer, but an account already exists with the e-mail"
But signed is the "returned user-radio"
Then in the new Window the login is possible.
But also in both values i have to insert the Password manually.
The Problem appears only in the Kombination with Chrome-Browser. InternetExplorer is OK

Comments

• gummi
    gummi
    Community Member

problem is solved when disabling the animation in 1password-chrome-extension

• MikeT
    edited April 2013

Hi @Gummi,

The animation shouldn't have anything to do with it, it simply animates the field, it shouldn't affect your radio choice. It sounds like your Login item for Amazon has an extra field related to the radio button option.

Try editing your Amazon item in the main 1Password app and remove the field that's called Create or something similar to it. That should let you fill in properly even with animation on.

I hope this helps, please let me know.

• gummi
    gummi
    Community Member

Hi @Mike,

Thank you for the quick response. You are right, if i delete the Create-fields it is possible to login with animation.
    Without animation it doesn´t matter if create-fields are there or not. (problems only at Amazon-login)

best regards :-)

• Hi @gummi,

Thanks for sharing your experience on this, we'll investigate this to figure out why it reacts like that.

• serioustiger
    serioustiger
    Community Member

Just as an FYI because this is so current - I had the same problem as well which began yesterday or the day before. Found this post and it fixed the problem - for some reason 1P had "create" fields in my login too (never had this issue before, in over a year as a user).

Only posting this to let you know the problem is not unique to gummi, others may have it too.

• serioustiger
    serioustiger
    Community Member

EDIT - I should also point out, since I just realised which forum this is in, that this problem occurred for me on both Windows and Mac (agilebits store version).

• toddmatic
    toddmatic
    Community Member

Just chiming in here to say I'm also seeing this with the latest version of Chrome on a Mac, but that deleting the "create" fields resolved the problem. I don't use Windows often enough to have 1Password installed there.

• Thanks, guys. We're aware of this, and are looking into it. It is possible that Amazon slightly changed the form that changed how 1Password fills in the data but for now, removing the "create" field will fix this problem.

• Hi guys,

This appears to be an issue on our side. Our initial investigation shows that it has something to do with radio buttons and animated filling. If 1Password stops filling on login form with radio buttons, try disabling Animate filling via Settings > Logins and 1Password should then work.

We'll try to get a fix out as soon as possible. I apologize for the inconveniences it has caused you.

• dudemanla
    dudemanla
    Community Member

Thanks turning off the animation fixed it for me too. I actually like it better without the animation. I'm happy I have a choice to turn it off.
    Can I turn that off on my iOS app too. If so can you tell me how?

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

In 1Password for iOS:

Settings > 1Browser > Animate Fill

This discussion has been closed.