Vault visibility on a per-computer basis?

Jemi9OD
Jemi9OD
Community Member

Is there any way - and if not, any interest - to make vault visibility on specific computers toggle-able? For example, I have a "Work" vault that has all of my sensitive work passwords in it; it would be nice to be able to toggle that vault off by default, so that when I log in to my home computer, I don't see that vault at all, it doesn't show up in searches, doesn't show up in the main "all" display, etc.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2022

Hi @Jemi9OD

We do have a feature in 1Password 8 (available now for Linux and Windows, coming soon for Mac, and coming later for iOS and Android) that may be what you're looking for:

Use collections to create custom groups of vaults

Personally what I do is that, plus I have separate browser profiles (in Brave/Chrome) and the 1Password extension in each is configured to only show the vaults relevant to that profile.

If you're using 1Password 7 then the All Vaults feature may do the trick:

Use All Vaults to see all your items at once

I hope that helps!

Ben

• Jemi9OD
    Jemi9OD
    Community Member

That's exactly what I was after! I was able to create a Collection just for "Work Stuff" and choose to only view that Collection on my work computer. I can do the opposite on my home computer so that I don't see work items at home.

Thanks Ben!

• On behalf of Ben, you're very welcome @Jemi9OD! :smile:

This discussion has been closed.