Add team to my personal account

Hi there. I have a personal 1password account and private vault, but I'd like to add a Team to the account as well. I can't seem to find a way to set this up. Anybody have any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows / Web

Comments

• ag_max
    edited January 2022

Hi @sbmasonator, welcome to the 1Password Support Community. 👋

For some quick background, every 1Password account is its own isolated "silo" containing its own set of vaults, users, and sign-in details. Due to the 1Password security model, it isn't possible to add or merge accounts together.

If you don't already belong to a team account, you'll only need to sign up on our website, or ask the owner or administrator of an existing team account for an invitation. You'll create your password for this separate account, which can be the same one you use now, and you'll receive a unique Secret Key, both of which will be needed when you set up this account on your devices.

After that, you can add both accounts (personal and team) to the existing 1Password apps on your devices. This will permit you to access vaults from both accounts, making managing both your personal and work-related data simple:

How to use multiple accounts

• sbmasonator
    sbmasonator
    Community Member

That's SUPER helpful -- thanks @ag_max !

• You're very welcome, @sbmasonator. :smile:

This discussion has been closed.