how to ignore a domain?

Options
perfectlyGoodInk
perfectlyGoodInk
Community Member

Hello!

Sorry if this is a total n00b question, but I'm not really comfortable using it yet, and for now I mostly just want it out of my way when it's not useful. Right now it keeps volunteering to save passwords for sites that are asking for a 2FA token (which would be useless to save). How do I get it to stop? I've Googled for this, but what the results told me was to use the "Browser" menu in the application, but the only item I see in that menu is a button to get the extension that I already have.

Also, the 1Password icon in the password field almost always covers up the eyeball button. Is there a way to change the default position of it to be like underneath or something? My keyboard has a couple keys that are wonky, so that eyeball is pretty important for me.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

• Felix

1Password Version: 1Password for Windows 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.2.2
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Hello @perfectlyGoodInk

You can try these steps to prevent it from opening from a website until you ask it to do so.

Right-click the 1Password icon in browser toolbar => Settings => Scroll down to "Autofill" => Turn off "Show autofill menu on field focus".

That said, you can also try the steps here to save your websites 2Fa in 1Password and use it to fill for you.

• perfectlyGoodInk
    perfectlyGoodInk
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the late response. Thanks for the tip, but it didn't work for me. When I turned off "Show autofill menu on field focus," it still shows the "Use OnePassword" icon on the right side of the user/password field. And I tried closing/reopening the Chrome browser to make sure the setting had really saved.

And the site (my work login at UBS) is not listed in your 2FA list, so I can't use that method either.

Any other ideas?

• perfectlyGoodInk
    perfectlyGoodInk
    Community Member
    Options

Ah, never mind! I think it just took a while for the change to take effect (maybe after a reboot, not sure). Thanks!

• @perfectlyGoodInk

If the site is not listed in the 2FA directory, you may still be able to add your one-time password to 1Password. To do this, you can Edit your existing Login item and create a custom field as follows:

1. From the 1Password 8 desktop app, locate the Login you wish to add your one-time password to.
    2. Click Edit.
    3. Click + add more to add a new field and choose One-Time Password.
    4. If the site you are on does not allow you to scan the QR code, you can manually add the pairing code presented and save it accordingly.

Let us know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.