Cold start only unlocks one of two vaults

jvacek
jvacek
Community Member

The UX here is a little strange.

To clarify, this is in the case where biometrics are not available and passwords need to be re-entered by typing after 2 weeks.

I see two icons for the different vaults that i am using in my beta client, but entering the password will only open one.

Then I go about my day being confused why half my passwords are missing, not realising that the other vault did not open as the password is different to the other one.

Instead of directly going to the UI after unlocking the first vault, and THEN having to go through the UI to unlock the other one, it would be nice to be prompted to open all other vaults on the log-in UI as well.

1Password Version: 8.5.0 / 80500103
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.2

Comments

• Hello @jvacek, thanks for this information.

I'm not sure if you had encountered this before, but the decision to open accounts separately (if they have two different account passwords) is an intentional change that was made to 1Password 8, and was driven by security considerations. @jpgoldberg discussed this in detail here:

https://1password.community/discussion/comment/608291/#Comment_608291

However, your point about the UI is well-taken! I have passed on your suggestion to our developers for further discussion. We appreciate the suggestion - thank you!

ref: dev/core/core#12642

• Hi @jvacek, no updates on this yet - but we'll be sure to post about it here if we have something to share, and to include release notes at https://releases.1password.com/ too. 👍

• Hi @Jvacek, thanks for this question.

You're correct - the UI has changed to provide a green check-mark icon for each account that is opened from the unlock screen. 👍

We haven't yet done anything (to my knowledge) to highlight accounts that continue to be locked after initial sign-in to a given account, but I am happy to bump a discussion on this with our developers. Thank you for your patience, and I'll follow up on this!

This discussion has been closed.