My bank account was deleted when my wife linked to me from her account. How do I restore?

Options
rstandford
rstandford
Community Member

My wife created a vault in her 1password account and gave me permission to access it. When she did that, my bank account was removed from my vault and replaced with her bank account. How do I restore access to my own account?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My bank account was deleted when my wife linked to me from her account. How do I restore?

Comments

• Hello @rstandford! 👋

I understand that you can no longer see an item for your bank account once you were given permission to access a shared vault. Simply being given access to a shared vault that has similar items won't remove or change any items in your Private vault. Can you try the following:

1. Open the 1Password app.
    2. Switch to All Vaults view: Use All Vaults to see all your items at once
    3. Search for your bank account item.

Let me know if you can see your bank account item. :)

• rstandford
    rstandford
    Community Member
    Options

I took care of the problem by re-doing the account using the forgot password. While I'm all set it is conerning that my wife's account ended up in my vault (probably she messed up somehow) but while her account was with the same bank she had a differnt Username and password. The vault wasn't my Private vault but one that I had created. My account was definitely deleted. Thank you for getting back to me. I'm all set now.

• Glad to hear Dave was able to get you sorted out @rstandford! Be sure to get in touch if you need anything else in the future. :chuffed:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

@rstandford You can view recently deleted items online at 1password.com. It would be interesting to know if the missing item shows up there.

• rstandford
    rstandford
    Community Member
    Options

Yes the item was in the recently deleted folder.

• Glad to hear you were able to find it @rstandford! 😃

Jack

This discussion has been closed.