password entered into idmsa.apple.com doesn't work

Options

I use the Firefox extension on all web sites, no problem, except for https://idmsa.apple.com. That web site pre-fills my Apple ID, and after doing cmd-. to enter my password, when I hit return, it always says my password was incorrect. If I copy the password from 1Password, then paste it manually into the field and hit return, I log in with no problem. I've tried repeatedly on different days (recently), but the result is always the same.

1Password Version: 7.9.2 (70902005)
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 11.6

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi @JimmyTheSaint, it sounds like 1Password is filling your password. However, it appears that the site does not accept the password unless it is manually inputted into the field. Just to check, what is the length of your password? Please don't reveal what your password is - we just want to check on the length of your password to see if it falls within the site's max length requirements.

• JimmyTheSaint
    JimmyTheSaint
    Community Member
    Options

The password is 8 characters long.

I've experienced plenty of instances that require the password to be manually entered, but there's always been either a notification or the field remains blank unless you type directly into it. This one enters the password (apparently) and displays "********" without the quotes, but nothing happens when you hit enter or click the go button.

By the way, I don't experience the problem with icloud.com, which presents an identical-looking login interface and also requires the same AppleID login. I realize it's not the same web site, but it's worth noting.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JimmyTheSaint Thanks for letting me know about this. So the issue should not be with the password length. However, I've not been able to replicate the issue that you're seeing. When I go to the site, I'm able to fill normally and sign in without any issues.

Just to check, what browser are you using? And can you confirm if you are indeed utilizing the old classic extension (version 4.7.5.90)?

• JimmyTheSaint
    JimmyTheSaint
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

I misspoke in my last reply when I said nothing happens. As I originally said, I get a message that my password was incorrect. I've attached a screenshot. Cutting and pasting the password from 1Password works. The extension works correctly for password entry at icloud.com. When you say you're able to fill normally, are you then able to complete your login normally?

I've also attached a screenshot of my extension's info from Firefox.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@JimmyTheSaint I am indeed able to sign in. I think the biggest difference in our experience is that I'm using the our new extension and you're using our older one, which is no longer receiving updates. I strongly recommend removing the older classic extension and installing our new extension in order to experience the best that 1Password has to offer. Here is more information about our new extension: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-browser/

Give the new extension a try and let me know how things go. If you have any questions or reservations about the new extension, feel free to reach out to me again.

• JimmyTheSaint
    JimmyTheSaint
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, the updated extension worked. I had already listed "Extension Version: 4.7.5.90" in my original post, which is why I uploaded the screenshot.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2022
    Options

@JimmyTheSaint Gotcha, I did see that, but I wanted to double check on it, in case I was missing anything.

Anyway, I'm glad that the new extension works well for you. If you have any questions about it at all, please let us know!

This discussion has been closed.