To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Imported about 200 entries from LastPass into 1P and now I have 69,487 items in my Personal vault!

Options

I have used KeePass since the very beginning, and I am VERY familiar with anything to-do with KP, but we are moving to 1P for myself and wife.

I just can't believe the small number of imports from other PW managers. You have 500+ employees and adding more "In January 2022, 1Password raised a $620 million Series C round led by Iconiq Growth, increasing the company's valuation to $6.8 billion."

I hope you can add many more "Import from" other PW managers. I wonder how many potential users were lost due to the small amount of Import from PW managers.

Now that I got that off my chest.

There is a typo in mrc-converter-suite-2021-12-22-1225.zip created by a 1P user and I couldn't get that work. So, I created a free account on LastPass to import my KP2 passwords. I then exported from LP and then imported into 1P, but I now have 69,487 items in my Personal vault!

Can you delete everything in my Personal vault?

1Password Version: 8.4.1-2
Extension Version: not installed
OS Version: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1503

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @F150,

Thanks for taking the time to write in and share your thoughts. I agree; import and export are important functions and I hope we'll be able to give them more attention soon. In the meantime...

There is a typo in mrc-converter-suite-2021-12-22-1225.zip created by a 1P user and I couldn't get that work.

Pinging @MrC here to see if he can jump in and help.

Can you delete everything in my Personal vault?

That isn't an ability that we have, but you can do this. Using one of the 1Password desktop apps switch to your Personal vault from All Vaults, and then select all items using Ctrl+A / Cmd+A. Right click, and select the option to delete (or archive). I hope that helps!

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

When I do Ctrl-A everything on screen highlights except the column with the 69,487 entries. I have fast internet and Windows 10 PC and it takes about 3 minutes when I login before any entries are displayed.

If I click on the 1st entry or the 2nd, there is no indication of a delete button.

• Ben
    Options

Hey @F150

I recorded a brief video showing how I would perform this task. You can view the video here:

https://bucket.agilebits.com/ben/GMT20220207-162208_Recording_1280x1000.mp4

Does that do the trick? Please let me know.

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I am using M$ Edge... are you using the extension?

I do notice when I do click on any entry it only highlights for 1/2-second.

I signed up yesterday using a 50% coupon deal from Slickdeals and of course my Credit Card is associated. So, can I completely delete this account, can I create a new account using the same email?

• Ben
    Options

I am using M$ Edge... are you using the extension?

This was done with the 1Password desktop application. I do not have the MS Edge extension installed on this particular device. I don't believe multi-item select is possible with the browser extension.

I signed up yesterday using a 50% coupon deal from Slickdeals and of course my Credit Card is associated. So, can I completely delete this account, can I create a new account using the same email?

That may be a possibility as well. If you'd like to pursue that option I'd recommend reaching out to our memberships team via email at support@1password.com. They'd be able to help ensure you don't lose the discount you referenced in the transition to a new account.

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Where is the setting for dark mode on the Desktop version?

• Ben
    Options

@F150

1Password > Preferences > Appearance > Theme. :sunglasses:

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Nope...

FYI: I have ZERO extensions turned on this whole time.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Wait a minute... DESKTOP app... oh! (badwork) let me install than.

• Ben
    Options

@F150

Nope...

That screenshot isn't of the desktop app. ;) That's the web app at https://my.1password.com/, which I'm afraid doesn't support dark mode (yet).

1Password Version: 8.4.1-2
    Extension Version: not installed
    OS Version: Windows 10 Home 21H2 19044.1503

In your opening post you listed v8.4.1-2 as the version you have installed β€” that's the app you'll want to launch: 1Password 8 for Windows. Dark mode is available there, and you can also select all / delete the extraneous items from there.

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

YUP, all fixed! Thank you for your patience with me.

NOW> 1Password for Windows 8.5.0 80500121, on PRODUCTION channel

Side question, the announcement about major funding, is that you in the picture and the boss at Macworld 2014?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@F150

There is a typo in mrc-converter-suite-2021-12-22-1225.zip created by a 1P user and I couldn't get that work. So, I created a free account on LastPass to import my KP2 passwords. I

What's the typo or issue?

• Ben
    Options

@F150

YUP, all fixed! Thank you for your patience with me.

πŸŽ‰ So glad to hear it.

NOW> 1Password for Windows 8.5.0 80500121, on PRODUCTION channel

Excellent!

Side question, the announcement about major funding, is that you in the picture and the boss at Macworld 2014?

This one?

Yep; that's me on the right and @Jeff Shiner on the left. Feels like forever ago. Back when I still had (some) hair. πŸ˜‚

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Launch KeePass 2.

Export its database to an XML export file using the File > Export ... menu item, and select the KeePass XML (2.x) format. In the File: Export to: section at the bottom of the dialog, click the floppy disk icon to select the location. Select your Desktop folder, and in the File name area, enter the name pm_export.txt. Click Save. You should now have the file named pm_export.xml on your Desktop - use this file name on the command line.

File extension .txt should be .xml?

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben, I have about 4 more hairs than you, and I look nothing like my Avtar.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@F150 - thanks. I've made the correction, and it will go out in the next update.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

MRC, please understand I knew what the problem was, but I was in a bad mood because so few imports for other PW managers. You have/are providing a tremendous service for all the import details of other PW managers. I have been using *nix, Perl, for a very long time... Bash, vi rocks!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

I took no offense @F150, and appreciate your feedback.

Enjoy 1Password!

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for jumping on that so quickly @MrC. ❀️

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Last night I did get my 1P_import.1pif file created.

1P on the web, 1P desktop, and now I tried the 1P extension... no place on any of those to import the .1pif file.

I feel like I am the dumbest person on the planet for having so much trouble with 1P.

I am a retired sysadm! I started in the late 70's on a VAX-11/780 working for AT&T.

• Ben
    Options

In this case, it isn't you, it's us. There isn't an import for 1PIF in any of those places at the moment, I'm afraid. Hopefully we'll be getting it back in 1Password 8 for Windows at some point, but for now to import 1PIF you'd need to use 1Password 7 for Windows:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPW6

1Password 8 is a complete rewrite and as such we haven't had a chance to add everything that was in v7 back in quite yet.

Ben

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

OK, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ... laughing my arse off ... ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

I'm good, no bad vibes coming from me to you or 1P. ha ha ha ha ha

Later... ha ha ha

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

So far so good... I'm logged into 1P7.

I have a total of ~300 passwords in KP2, but I am only importing about 80 passwords to start with because these only affect me, forums, tech websites, etc

So, later on (3-6 months?) I can import the remaining KP2 passwords and not break anything... correct?

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    Options

@F150 - yes, you can do additional imports in the future.

I presume you exported only 80, and converted / imported those.

Let me suggest, however, that you export the others now, convert them, and import them with a separate tag, or place them into a separate vault. And you can deal with these later. But you'll be done, won't have to remember what you exported, and what you did not, and you won't leave unencrypted data laying around for long.

The converter suite has a --tags option you can use to add a custom tag (or tags). But I'd suggest a separate vault instead.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

We have used KP1 & KP2 forever and I know KP2 inside and out, her nope. She is brilliant, a former schoolteacher, LOVES Calculus, taught forensics (I had to bring her roadkill for her classes). Having said that, she is not so good with tech stuff. I am a calm guy, so that's not a concern for her.

We have 3 different emails...
    1) An Outlook email for all our bills/utilities/banks/investing/etc.
    2) My wife has her own Outlook email for all her stuff.
    3) I have a Gmail account for forums, tech web sites, stuff that will not affect my wife when I croak. (I'm mid-70s, her mid-60s.)

I really must understand 1P so I can get her ready to move to 1P, and using our 4 YubiKeys, and use much better passwords for her accounts.

• Sounds like a great plan @F150! We're here for you if you need any additional help along the way. :smile:

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

Jack, thank you.

I have subscribed to 1P (the free trial ends on 02/20/22). :-)

Ben had me switch to 1P7 Desktop 7.9.828 because it allows importing KeePass2 1PF files.

If your read my post above ("We have used KP1 & KP2 forever..."), I have some concerns.

We are very busy with my daughter's baby due mid-August, finding a house near daughter, selling our house, my wife's business is supper busy in a month, splitting firewood, etc.

Will I be able to stay on 1P7 until I finish future KP2 imports? Or will 1P8 have a way to import KP2 data?

Is there anything special I will need to do move all my 1P7 data into 1P8?

• Hey @F150:

Great questions!

Is there anything special I will need to do move all my 1P7 data into 1P8?

With a 1Password membership, all of your data is available across the 1Password apps on all of your devices. Upgrading to 1Password 8 will still have all of your data imported in 1Password 7.

Will I be able to stay on 1P7 until I finish future KP2 imports? Or will 1P8 have a way to import KP2 data?

As Ben mentioned above, 1Password 8 doesn't support 1PIF imports which is what MrC's converter creates, and while hopefully it will be available in future versions of 1Password 8, I don't have any timeframes to share just yet. In the meantime though, you're more than welcome to upgrade to 1Password 8 again, and when you're ready to migrate the remainder of your KeePass 2 data into 1Password, if importing 1PIF files hasn't made it into 1Password 8, downgrade again to 1Password 7 using the installer Ben provided, import your data, and then upgrade to 1Password 8.

Additionally, congratulations to your family! πŸŽ‰

Let me know if that clears everything up, or you'd like me to dig into anything a bit further with you.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.