2fa code not directly availabel

Options

On our company website I need to logon with 2fa enabled. First I land on a page with username / password which 1password can fill in properly but for the 2fa code a new page is being opened and the I need to open 1password and copy the 2fa manually and then paste it in the page. It would be very nice if the 2fa code is always copied to clipboard when logging in on a page so I don't need this manually step of opening 1password and finding the correct site.

Thanks,
Peter

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @plindeman, sorry to hear about the 2FA filling issue with your company's website. Just to check, is that website publicly accessible? If so, I would love to take a look to test things out.

I'm also wondering if your 2FA code can be filled from the extension popup. To do that, go to the page where you're asked to enter the 2FA code, click on the 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, locate your login, and select Autofill. Though filling from the extension popup is not ideal, it might be preferable to copying/pasting, which takes a couple more clicks. Let me know how that goes!

• plindeman
    plindeman
    Community Member
    Options

Only the first page obviously ;-) I'll send you the link directly. On the second page where I need to fill in the 2fa code the 1password plugin prompts with the normal login credentials again and I have no possibility to use the 2fa code there. I need to go the program itself to get the code (which is obviously annoying)

• plindeman
    plindeman
    Community Member
    Options

Only the first page obviously ;-) Can I send this link in a direct post somewhere?. On the second page where I need to fill in the 2fa code the 1password plugin prompts with the normal login credentials again and I have no possibility to use the 2fa code there. I need to go the program itself to get the code (which is obviously annoying)

• @plindeman

Sure, send us an email to support@1password.com. Please include a link to this thread as well as your community username.

This discussion has been closed.